Saturday, December 12, 2009

Old News: New Uniforms and a New Font (Really?)


I like the new uniforms. I really do, but I have adjusted my thinking slightly since they were unveiled. After stopping at the Twins Pro Shop I was looking at the new Twins logo with the small changes to the lettering. This is most evident on the S in Twins. I was left, as I looked at both logos side by side, with the question why make such a minute, almost unnoticeable change? How many fans will purchase a new uniform because of a small font change? Believe me I'm glad a more radical change didn't take place, but still a puzzling decision. Bringing the old 1961 home uniform back was a wise choice. I'm thinking that uniform will soon become the Twins' primary home uniform. I think Bill Smith made reference to that possibly happening because of the strong, positive reaction it received from the players. I may be in the minority, but I like the new road uniforms. The navy blue lettering looks better than red and the script of Minnesota is from the jackets players and coaches wore in the 60s and the 70s. Finally, the logo is classier looking with the addition of "Minnesota Baseball Club." Far too many teams change uniforms every 3 years it seems, in hockey it seems they add a new uniform every 3 months. I like how the Yankees have left their uniforms alone for decades. Let's hope the Twins leave their uniforms alone for another 20+ years and win a World Series in the new duds. OK, you're right...just win a playoff series first.

No comments:

Post a Comment